Watch Out for Stockbroker Fraud
If You’re a Victim, We Can Help
Unscrupulous stockbrokers prey on seniors in particular. After all, seniors hold 1/3 of the nation’s wealth. And stockbrokers are looking for commissions; they don’t earn much if seniors clip coupons off municipal bonds. Some brokers will push through the bounds of what is professional and legal in the quest for those commissions. Here are some telltale signs to watch out for:
- Does your broker recommend risky investments?
- Is there excessive trading in your account?
- Are there unauthorized trades?
- Are your investments too concentrated in one sector?
- Does your broker recommend “replacing” annuities or life insurance?
- Is the broker earning big commissions while you lose money?
- Is there excessive use of margin in your account?
- Is your broker recommending investments that sound inappropriate or unsuitable like annuities and life insurance?
- Is the broker pushing a high risk private placement?
- Does the broker fail to use limit orders on sales?
The San Francisco and California securities fraud and financial elder abuse attorneys at Evans Law Firm, Inc. represent California consumers, especially seniors, who have suffered from fraud and/or financial elder abuse at the hands of a stockbroker selling them inappropriate or unsuitable investments including annuities, churning their accounts or their annuities, and/or failing to disclose important information. Call us today at (415)441-8669.
If you are a senior, the broker’s actions may constitute financial elder abuse entitling you to extra damages and reimbursement of your attorneys’ fees and costs for bringing your action. Our lawyers fight for seniors every day in California courts when they have been financially exploited by brokers, insurance agents, retirement planners, financial advisors, and others.
If you or someone you love is the victim of any type of securities fraud or financial elder abuse in California, call Ingrid M. Evans and the other San Francisco and California securities fraud and elder abuse attorneys at Evans Law Firm, Inc. at (415) 441-8669, or by email at <a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>email@example.com</a>. Our attorneys have experience with fraud and financial elder abuse cases and complex qui tam or whistleblower cases including offshore tax avoidance cases, complex financial contract cases and cases against large insurance companies. We can help guide your case through a FINRA Arbitration, jury trial or toward an equitable settlement. We also handle cases involving physical elder abuse, nursing home abuse, whole life insurance and universal life insurance, and indexed, variable, and fixed annuities.