Deferred Annuity Lawsuits
On February 12, 2009, a proposed California class-action lawsuit was filed in the United States District Court against Texas-based insurer American National Insurance Company (ANICO). The suit alleged that ANICO engaged in illegal, unfair and deceptive business practices in the course of marketing and selling its deferred annuity products to purchasers in California. The case arose after the plaintiff was solicited and persuaded into placing approximately $400,000 of her assets into deferred annuity products issued by ANICO.
This issue was resolved in 2011.
If you would like an attorney to investigate whether you have a potential Deferred Annuity Sales Fraud claim, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-441-8669. Contact us for a free and confidential consultation.
The following annuity companies sell deferred annuities to senior citizens. Lawsuits have been brought against many of them:
- AIG Sun America
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
- American Equity Life Insurance Company
- American General
- American International Group
- American Investors/AVIVA
- American National Insurance Company
- Conseco Life Insurance Company
- Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company
- Great American Life Insurance Company
- Jackson National life Insurance Company
- Midland National Life Insurance Company
- National Western Life Insurance Company
- Standard Life Insurance Company of Indiana
- Standard Life Insurance Company
- Sun Life Insurance Company
- Transamerica Life Insurance Company