Three Resolutions For 2020
And Best Wishes From All of Us at Evans Law Firm
Happy New Year from all of us at Evans Law Firm! We really wish everyone the best for 2020 and want to share three important resolutions we hope you’ll keep in the coming year. If you follow our firm’s blog, you might already have a good idea what those are:
- Protect Your Senior Loved Ones and Friends
Elder abuse has sadly become a global epidemic. Financial elder abuse, in particular, is rising dramatically throughout the Bay Area. In the coming year, please take some important steps to protect your elderly loved ones from this terrible crime. We offer some tips below. If you suspect elder abuse of any kind, including financial elder abuse, call the elder abuse attorneys at Evans Law Firm at (415)441-8669. We represent senior victims of financial or physical abuse or neglect throughout California.
Here are a few important steps you can take to protect your loved one:
- First and foremost, stay involved in your beloved senior’s life. Check in unannounced, keep an eye on their belongings and money, know who’s coming and going, call frequently and always speak directly to your loved one.
- Never ever allow a senior to grant a Power of Attorney to a caregiver.
- Do background checks on anyone you hire to help your senior loved one and stop by as often as you can when caregivers are on the scene.
- Monitor the senior’s bank accounts and credit cards.
- Attend any meeting about financial matters you elderly loved one may have
- Encourage old friends and other family members to check in too and encourage your loved one to stay active in social and support groups and their church or synagogue. The more support surrounding a senior, the more protected they are from abusers.
- Protect our environment
Our founder Ingrid M. Evans has started a #take10leavenone campaign that encourages beach clean-up projects and inspires beachgoers with a simple job every time they go to the beach:
~~ take 10 pieces of trash when you leave a beach and leave none behind ~~
A native Californian, Ingrid loves the ocean and our State’s magnificent coastline and knows its beauty is endangered unless each of us does our part to keep the coast pristine. She shares her #take10leavenone message with young people hoping future generations recognize that maintaining the natural beauty of our California coastline is their responsibility. Imagine what we could accomplish if everyone left the beach every time with #take10leavenone! Ingrid shares some other ideas about what you can do about climate change and pollution here: https://www.evanslaw.com/save-the-planet-reduce-your-carbon-footprint-and-clean-up-our-beaches/.
- Protect our country: VOTE!
Every Election Day is important but 2020 is a national election year with a lot at stake. Whatever your persuasion, be sure and vote. California makes it easy to register and easy to vote so there’s just no excuse. In our litigation practice and professional affiliations we are committed to social justice for all, particularly to the elderly and others most vulnerable to injustice or neglect in our society. We also know that the voting booth is as important as the courtroom. In fact, it’s the one place in America where everyone can work for justice!
If you or a loved one been the victim of elder abuse in San Francisco or elsewhere in California, contact Ingrid M. Evans and the other elder abuse attorneys at the Evans Law Firm at (415) 441-8669, or by email at <a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>email@example.com</a>. Our attorneys have experience with complex financial contracts, such as annuities and life insurance, and large insurance companies and cases involving Powers of Attorney, trusts, wills, and other legal instruments. We can help guide your case through a FINRA Arbitration, jury trial or toward an equitable settlement. We handle cases involving physical and financial elder abuse, qui tam and whistleblower law, nursing home abuse, whole life insurance and universal life insurance, and indexed, variable, and fixed annuities.