Long-Term Care Insurance Claims
Long-Term Care Insurance has always been sold by agents to help you pay for care when, later in life, you are unable to take care of yourself. Insureds trusted the policies would cover the costs of assisted living care, skilled nursing facilities, and in-home care among other coverages. But rising care costs and increased longevity have resulted in mounting losses for the carriers who issued the policies. Industry watchers report some carriers are increasingly denying claims in order to stem the underwriting losses.
Coverage denials may in fact be bad faith denials by the carriers. If you live in Santa Clara County or elsewhere in California and believe your long- term care claim has been denied in bad faith, call Evans Law Firm, Inc. today at 415-441-8669 for a free review of your policy and possible bad faith claim denials. We handle cases in California only.
There are few easy answers when it comes to old age and end of life care, but seniors should at the very least be able to count on their costly long-term care insurance to help pay for the cost of a nursing home, assisted living facility or in-home care. Being able to afford required care can make all the difference in the world for the security and comfort of a senior in their remaining years.
Some of the providers of long term care insurance in California are listed below. We do not mean to suggest in any way that these carriers have done anything wrong or denied claims in bad faith. Rather, the list is provided solely for our readers’ reference.
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company
- Bankers Life and Casualty Insurance Company
- CNA Financial Corporation
- Colonial Penn Life Insurance Company
- Guardian Life Insurance Company
- John Hancock Life Insurance Company
- Lincoln National Life Insurance Company
- MassMutual/Massachusetts Life Insurance Company
- Minnesota Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Company
- Nationwide Mutual Life Insurance Company
- New York Life Insurance Company
- Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company
- OneAmerica/American United Life Insurance Company (AUL)
- Pacific Life Insurance Company
- State Farm Life Insurance Company
- Transamerica Life Insurance Company
If you believe that you or a loved one has been the victim of a bad faith claim under a long term care insurance policy, contact Ingrid M. Evans and the other California and Santa Clara County financial elder abuse and insurance attorneys at the Evans Law Firm at (415) 441-8669, or online at www.evanslaw.com. Our firm also handles insurance fraud, elder abuse, nursing home abuse, and whistleblower cases.