Insurance Fraud by Company
The Pitfalls of Life Insurance as an Investment
Insurance policies are often sold to consumers as an investment. Whole life policies are marketed not just as insurance products that pay a death benefit, but also as a way to build a nest egg out of premiums paid. While there are different kinds of whole life insurance, the commonality among these types of policies is that they are more expensive than term life policies. Consumers are convinced to buy them because of the promise that the policy will have a cash value.
Unfortunately, false expectations arise from promises made when carriers and agents market insurance products as investment products. Whole life policies may be pushed on consumers for whom these policies are not an appropriate investment. Insurance agents prosper as they are heavily incentivized by carriers to sell policies. Insurance companies may over time raise premiums and fees and fail to explain fully to policyholders how policies accrue cash value.
If you are over age 60 and live in California, and have suffered a loss as a result of the surrender of a whole life policy or due to hidden fees and charges, you should speak with one of the California financial elder abuse and life insurance attorneys at Evans Law Firm, Inc., and we can review your policy for free. Financial loss may occur with other types of insurance as well including annuities and long-term care insurance. Agents may overreach; insurers may unfairly deny coverage; or agents may churn policies, which involves regularly switching consumers from one policy to another just to generate commissions.
For more than two decades, Evans Law Firm has been helping clients recover for financial loss incurred when insurance companies or agents treat them unfairly or violate California laws. Our firm can use our extensive experience to stand up on behalf of consumers caught in these situations.
Have You Been Financially Harmed by An Insurance Purchase?
For years consumers, individually or as members of class actions, have taken a stand against financial elder abuse and other wrongdoing by insurers and agents. It takes an experienced and knowledgeable legal professional to stand up to insurers who have ample resources to help them defend against claims of wrongdoing.
Evans Law has taken action on behalf of policyholders against major insurers, brokers, and agents. We stand prepared to help you recover from losses sustained as a result of any harm you may have suffered as a result of a life insurance, annuity, or long-term care insurance purchase.
A list of major life insurance carriers in California follows. We are not alleging that any or all of these insurance companies have done anything wrong, just that they are primary sellers in California. Every case is unique and as attorneys we need to review the policies to determine if there were a violation of law or other problem with the sale or issuance. The major carriers are:
- AIG Sun America
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
- Allstate Life Insurance Company
- American Equity Investment Life Holding Company
- American General Life Insurance Company/American International Group (AIG)
- American National Life Insurance Company
- Ameriprise Financial/RiverSource Life Insurance Company
- Athene Annuity and Life Company/Aviva
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company
- Bankers Life Insurance and Casualty Company
- Bank of America
- Conseco Life Ins. Co.
- EquiTrust Life Insurance Company
- Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company
- Genworth Life Insurance Company
- Global Atlantic/Forethought Life Insurance Company
- Guardian Life Insurance Company
- Guggenheim Partners/ Security Benefit Life Insurance Company
- ING Life Insurance and Annuity Company
- Jackson National Life Insurance Company
- John Hancock Life Insurance Company (formally named John Hancock Life Insurance Company: Life Insurance and Annuities)
- Life Insurance of the SouthWest/National Life Group
- Lincoln Benefit Life Company
- Lincoln Financial Group/The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company
- MassMutual/Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company
- MetLife/Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
- Midland National Life Insurance Company (Midland) (formally named Midland Deferred Annuity Sales)
- Minnesota Life Universal Life Insurance
- Mutual of Omaha/United of Omaha Life Insurance Company
- National Life Universal Life Insurance
- New York Life Insurance Company
- North American Company for Life and Health Insurance
- Pacific Life Insurance Company
- Penn Mutual Universal Life Insurance
- Principal Life Insurance Company
- Pruco/Prudential Life Insurance Company
- RiverSource Life Insurance Company/Ameriprise Financial
- Security Benefit Life Insurance Company
- Symetra Life Insurance Company
- Transamerica Life Insurance Company
- Voya/Reliastar Life Insurance Company
- Zurich American Insurance Company
No matter what insurance company you have a policy with, Evans Law is prepared and ready to fight the insurer on your behalf if you have been the victim of any kind of financial loss as a result of your policy.
Contact a Financial Elder Abuse Attorney as Soon as Possible
A financial elder abuse attorney at Evans Law Firm, Inc. can provide representation for all types of insurance claims, including fraud. After more than two decades fighting for clients victimized by insurance companies, we know how to help you prove your case and fight to recover for financial loss. If you are over age 60 and live in California and have suffered a loss from a policy surrender or other financial loss, give us a call today at 415-441-8669 or contact us online to learn more.