California Bank Fraud Attorney
Bank fraud in California and across the United States is a very serious crime. All consumers are vulnerable to banking fraud, which can be committed by a bank agent, financial adviser or insurance agent representing a bank. A person who is convicted of one count of bank fraud can be sentenced up to 30 years in federal prison.
If you suspect you may be a victim of bank fraud or have questions about your situation, a California bank fraud attorney at Evans Law Firm, Inc. can help determine if you are a victim, and provide legal advice about what your next steps should be.
At Evans Law Group, Inc. our experienced attorneys will answer all of your questions. We are a knowledgeable team who represent consumers, especially elderly individuals, who have been victims of bank fraud. We are easily able to uncover the deceptive practices of banks and bank representatives, and seek to obtain the best possible results for our clients against powerful corporations.
Banking fraud can occur under a number of scenarios. A bank can sell an investment or financial product to a consumer without disclosing everything about the product, or the bank can charge unauthorized and undisclosed fees in association with a certain service. If this situation sounds familiar to you, attorney Ingrid Evans can help. An experienced San Francisco bank fraud attorney can handle a wide range of cases involving:
- Bank account fraud
- Consumer fraud
- Credit card fraud
- Fraudulent financial services
- Securities and stockbroker fraud
Some other examples of banking fraud include:
- Insurance, financial or banking products or investments that do not accurately or fully disclose surrender charges, penalties such as with deferred annuities being sold by a bank.
- Overdraft fees or other charges that have been placed in a particular order by the bank in order to maximize charges to the customer.
- Bank agents, financial advisers or bank insurance agents that sell deferred annuities or other unsuitable insurance products to customers or investors, including senior citizens.
- Breaching a fiduciary responsibility by selling unsuitable investments (which may include insurance products and deferred annuities) to consumers. Senior citizens are often the target of unscrupulous bank employees who don’t closely follow the “know your customer” rule and suggest financial products with inappropriate risks or fees.
Some of the most common types of bank fraud include identity theft, fraudulent checks, phishing, forged banking documents and credit card skimming. As technology continues to advance, the means of illegally taking money that is not yours changes. Every year there is a new scheme or scam that results in hard working people losing their money. If you are a victim of bank fraud, the attorneys at Evans Law Firm, Inc. can help you develop a case to resolve the situation.
Contact Our California Bank Fraud Attorneys
For your convenience, we serve the Bay area, including San Jose, Sacramento and Oakland, and all residents of California. Please contact your Alameda County bank fraud law firm to schedule a free initial consultation. We can be reached at 415-441-8669.
We handle cases on an hourly rate and contingency fee (no win, no fee) basis and can accommodate Spanish inquires, hablamos Español.