San Francisco Elder Caregiver Fraud Attorney
Senior citizens are vulnerable to financial exploitation on many different levels. Elders can be victimized by their caregivers, family members, fiduciaries or friends. Victims of financial exploitation should seek help from an experienced San Francisco elder caregiver fraud attorney. Learning about your rights is one of the most important steps you can take to protect yourself or a loved one.
At Evans Law Firm, Inc. we are here to provide guidance and support. Our San Francisco attorneys represent people throughout California in financial elder abuse cases, physical elder abuse cases, insurance fraud, annuities fraud and more.
Call Evans Law Firm today to schedule a free consultation at 415-441-8669.
How Caregivers Commit Fraud
Financial fraud by caretakers is one of the most common types of financial exploitation experienced by seniors. Fraud perpetrated by caregivers takes many forms and could include:
- Power of attorney abuse: When caregivers are entrusted with power of attorney, they have a fiduciary duty to act in the best interests of the senior. Unfortunately, caregivers, acting as agents under a grant of authority by a power of attorney, often behave in unethical ways. When an agent enriches himself at the expense of a senior, a claim for breach of fiduciary duty is the most appropriate course of action.
- Undue influence, fraud, or duress: Seniors who are induced by their caregivers through pressure or fraud to make financial gifts or to change a last will and testament are also clear examples of fraud victims.
When fraud is committed by paid caregivers, including home health aides and nursing home employees, the care facility or healthcare agency could be responsible for losses that occur.
Commitment to Your Case
Ingrid Evans and the firm’s attorneys are assisted by a team of talented and experienced support staff. Personal attention, commitment and advocacy are top priorities at our firm. We are very selective in the cases that we handle, which allows us to devote the necessary time and resources to every client.
Experienced Lawyers Providing Quality Legal Services
Our San Francisco financial elder abuse attorneys handle a wide range of cases, including:
- Elder Financial Exploitation in Los Angeles
- Elder Financial Exploitation in Oakland
- Long-term Care Insurance Fraud
- Power of Attorney Fraud
Working With the Team at Evans Law Firm, Inc.
Most people do not work with a lawyer on a regular basis. Choosing the right lawyer to handle your legal situation will be important to you, and we recognize this. At our initial consultation, we will provide straightforward legal advice and take time to learn about your goals for your situation. You will meet directly with an experienced San Francisco attorney and have a direct line of access to your elder caregiver fraud lawyer at all times. Compassion and dedication are hallmarks of our firm.
Also Serving the Bay Area, San Jose and Oakland — San Francisco Caregiver Fraud Attorney
To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, call us at 415-441-8669. We can also be reached online via email. Our firm handles legal matters on a contingent fee basis and also on an hourly fee basis. Located in San Francisco, we accept cases throughout the Bay Area, including Alameda County and Marin County, and Southern California. Also, one of the experienced members of our office staff (non-lawyer) speaks Spanish, hablamos Español.