On February 12, 2009, a proposed California class-action lawsuit was filed in the United States District Court against Texas-based insurer American National Insurance Company (ANICO). The suit alleged that ANICO engaged in illegal, unfair and deceptive business practices in the course of marketing and selling its deferred annuity products to purchasers in California. The case arose after the plaintiff was solicited and persuaded into placing approximately $400,000 of her assets into deferred annuity products issued by ANICO.
This matter was resolved in 2011.
If you would like an attorney to investigate whether you have a potential Deferred Annuity Sales Fraud claim, email email@example.com or call 415-441-8669. Contact us for a free and confidential consultation.
Email Ingrid Evans or call 415-441-8669 if you would like an attorney to investigate whether you have a potential Deferred Annuity Sales Fraud claim.
Insurance Agents and Former Employees
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-441-8669, if you have any non-privileged information about the practices insurance companies or their deferred annuity products. You should not discuss with us or provide any privileged communications you may have received from an insurance company or its lawyers.
For additional information on The Evans Law Firms’ Elder Annuity Sales Fraud cases, or for more information on our Financial Abuse practice, email email@example.com or call 415-441-8669. Contact us for a free and confidential consultation.
The following annuity companies sell deferred annuities to senior citizens. Lawsuits have been brought against many of them:
- AIG Sun America
- American International Group
- American General
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
- American Equity Life Insurance Company
- American Investors/AVIVA
- American National Insurance Company
- Conseco Life Insurance Company
- Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company
- Great American Life Insurance Company
- Jackson National life Insurance Company
- Midland National Life Insurance Company
- National Western Life Insurance Company
- Standard Life Insurance Company of Indiana
- Standard Life Insurance Company
- Sun Life Insurance Company
- Transamerica Life Insurance Company