Elder Abuse Lawyers Helping Seniors and Families in Santa Clara, CA
No one expects to fall victim to abuse. Despite the alarming statistics on the prevalence of elder abuse (according to the World Health Organization, one in six seniors experience abuse each year), facing abuse understandably comes as a terrible shock to all who experience physical, psychological or financial harm.
At Evans Law Firm, Inc., we are passionate about representing victims of elder abuse in Santa Clara, CA. Our lawyers bring decades of experience to fighting for seniors and their families, and we have successfully handled cases involving abuse at nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and other facilities throughout Northern California. We handle situations involving abusive in-home care providers, financial and investment fraud scams, and other cases of elder abuse as well, and we bring the same compassionate, personalized and experience-based approach to every case we handle.
Experienced Santa Clara Elder Abuse Lawyers Handling All Cases of Elder Fraud and Abuse
Our practice involves representing seniors and families in cases involving all forms of elder fraud and abuse throughout California. This includes cases in Santa Clara involving:
- Physical Abuse – Physical abuse involves causing harm through contact. This can mean physically striking with a hand or object, pushing or shoving, burning, using physical restraints, or administering improper medications.
- Sexual Abuse – Sexual abuse can involve sexual contact, sexual intercourse, coerced nudity, exposure to nudity or sexual conduct, and other forms of unwanted sexual interaction or exposure.
- Neglect or Abandonment – Neglect and abandonment can lead to pressure ulcers/bed sores, malnutrition, dehydration, poor hygiene, anxiety and depression, social withdrawal, and inadequate access to medical care.
- Psychological or Emotional Abuse – Forms of psychological and emotional abuse include verbal berating, denying access to family or basic needs, social isolation, threats, intimidation, humiliation, and causing distress by other verbal or nonverbal means.
- Financial Abuse – Financial abuse can involve caregivers and others stealing cash or credit cards, forging checks or convincing seniors to sign checks, influencing seniors to modify their estate plans, and using other means to gain access to seniors’ financial assets or accounts.
- Financial Fraud – Outside of the senior care setting, financial fraud can involve investment fraud scams, mortgage and loan scams, insurance fraud, and various other forms of fraud.
If you have any concerns, you owe it to yourself and your loved ones to speak with an elder abuse attorney. We offer free, no-obligation consultations, so it costs you nothing to learn about your legal rights. When you contact us, we will arrange for you to meet with one of our attorneys in Santa Clara as soon as possible, and you will be able to discuss your situation with your attorney in a confidential, one-on-one environment.
Schedule a Free and Confidential Consultation in Santa Clara, CA
For more information about what we can do to help and the legal remedies that are available to victims of elder abuse in California, please contact us to schedule your free, no-obligation initial consultation. To speak with one of our experienced Santa Clara elder abuse lawyers in confidence, call 415-441-8669 or tell us how to reach you online today.