Jonathan has been practicing law for more than fourteen years. A graduate of Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco, the bulk of Jonathan’s practice now focuses on estate planning, probate litigation, conservatorships and related matters. Throughout his career, Jonathan has worked at small and mid-sized firms, and he has run his own law practice.
At all times, Jonathan’s goal is to resolve a client’s legal matter as quickly and cost effectively as possible to obtain a favorable result. To accomplish this goal, Jonathan communicates with clients regularly about their case. Strategy, budget and cost are always a part of the conversation and the client is kept “in the loop” about every important decision. Whenever possible, Jonathan shares pleadings and correspondence with clients before they are filed/sent so that the client is as informed as possible about the progress and circumstances of their case.
As an estate planner, Jonathan personally drafts all of his client’s documents, believing that each client deserves personalized attention to their estate plan.
As a litigator, Jonathan has made many Court appearances including trials and arbitrations. Jonathan has experience handling all aspects of a case from preparing and responding to initial complaints/petitions, law and motion, discovery (including depositions) and mediation.
Jonathan lives in Los Altos with his wife, son and daughter. When not working, Jonathan enjoys spending time with his family, watching sports and traveling.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Probate / Decedents’ Estates
- Trust Administration
- Real Estate Law
- Civil Litigation
- Family Law
- University of California, Hastings, College of the Law, San Francisco, California
J.D. – 2001
- University of California, Riverside, California
B.A. – 1994
- United States Supreme Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal
- Federal Trial Courts (Northern and Central Districts of California)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section, Member
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Commissioner, City of Los Altos Parks and Recreation Commission
- Lawyers in the Library
- Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors